Trial Director enables you to assign and apply Exhibit Numbers (typically your own numbering method as you organize your case) and the actual Trial Exhibit Numbers. You can assign an Exhibit Number or Trial Exhibit Number for a specific item, or you can select multiple items and have numbers assigned in sequence automatically. If you no longer want to associate numbers with items, you can remove them by reassigning a blank sequence.
To assign an Exhibit or Trial Exhibit Number to an item:
1. From Case Explorer or Document Manager, right-click on the item and click Properties.
The Item Properties dialog box appears.
2. Type the number in the Exhibit # or Trial Exhibit # box.
3. Click Save, or click Next to go to the properties for the next item.
To assign Exhibit or Trial Exhibit Numbers to multiple items:
1. From Case Explorer or Document Manager, press and hold CTRL while you select all of the items, making sure to select them in the order you want numbers to be assigned. Then, right-click and select Assign Trial Exhibit Numbers to Selected Items or Assign Exhibit Numbers to Selected Items.
2. Follow the instructions in the dialog box to enter a starting number.
Caution: Any existing Exhibit or Trial Exhibit Numbers will be overwritten, and the numbers will be assigned in sequence regardless of whether a number is in use for another item in your case. Be sure to specify a unique starting number.
3. Under Choose Format, select one of the following:
* To assign numbers at the document level only, select Increment number for each document.
* If each page of a document should have its own Exhibit or Trial Exhibit Number, select Increment number for each page. After you select this option, select Retain default format to assign a number within the same series to each document and page, or Insert suffix per page to assign a number from a hyphenated sub-series to each of the document pages.
4. Click OK.
TrialDirector assigns the numbers to each item.
To remove Exhibit or Trial Exhibit Numbers:
1. From Case Explorer or Document Manager, press and hold CTRL while you select all of the items.
2. Right-click and select Assign Trial Exhibit Numbers to Selected Items or Assign Exhibit Numbers to Selected Items.
3. In the dialog box, ensure nothing is entered as a starting number.
4. Under Choose Format, select the level at which the numbers are currently assigned.
For example, if the items are currently marked with the exhibit numbers EX001-1, EX001-2, EX001-3, EX002-1, etc., be sure to select Increment number for each page and Insert suffix per page.
5. Click OK.
TrialDirector removes the existing numbers.